Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chase Overdraft Coverage




Chase bank has been bombarding me with ads and documentation to renew my overdraft coverage. Which means that even if I have no money in the account, my card is still accepted. But I'm hit with a big fee. That's their scam. They make a lot of money from that program. If I don't have any money my card should get declined!

Almost everyday they've sent me a letter about it. It is getting to the point in annoyance of me calling them up. In these letters, there is always new copy too. Always presented differently, with some new angle.

They charge a $34 fee each time you use your card, with insufficient funds (yet your card is still accepted everywhere). You could unknowingly, which is what they want, buy some gas, a pizza, and a water bottle some place else, and end up paying over a hundred dollars in fees alone.

I remember, I brought that up to a friend, who is a Chase employee, a while ago. He said "it's only 34 dollars". Yes, $34 per transaction. You buy a bus ticket and a hamburger, get slapped with a $68 fee, that doesn't include other charges. How is that not a scam.

I'm not only getting tired of Chase spamming me with this BS. But I know thousands of their customers are falling for their misleading letters. My bank, or any bank, should not try to devise these tricks, scams, and misleading programs to extort money from its customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment